Saturday, June 14, 2008

Shout Out To Submarines!

I listened to ODB (Ol' Dirty Bastard for all you non-slang folks) on the ride home today from work, and it had me thinking; If ODB can make it, I can too. Well, then again, I am not addicted to crack (just yet) and my heart has yet to fail (literally, not figuratively).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAI_xK51P5o


I am trapped in an awkward phase is my life where I keep running into everyone I used to know. All Elliott Smith quotes aside, I really am trying to keep both feet forward without tripping over my shoe laces. I really feel as though I have so much going for me, yet nothing at all. It seems as though when the going gets tough, the tough get going. Well, they get a moving and that is what I am aiming for. There comes a time when you have to venture out of the box and move towards something big, or something bigger. I kicked my ragged shoes off and jumped in a rain puddle just to feel something at all. I realized the roses are red, I really hate the feeling of sandpaper, and that I can not rely on people who are unreliable. Sometimes you have to do things yourself, and darling, I did it all, or at least I am trying to.

Until Next Time,
Much Love.
Jbright

No comments: