Friday, November 28, 2008

Sunrise


sunrise
Originally uploaded by Tracing Is Fun
I was granted a window seat for once, and all the times I have spent between two large bodies in quiet discomfort was worth the break through the clouds as we rose above the thick blanket. Below was gray and gloom, but what a gift it was for those beyond the Cumulus ground. The moment we broke through the clouds, the sun snapped from the horizon with bands of white, yellow and blue light a bursting ball of proud yellow fire. This moment was more than a scene, it was an action in time produced by the movement of the earth around the sun and us around the earth. It lasted but a few seconds, but it filled me and I sat with my head against the window for a while, watching the white cotton candy stand surprisingly still below us. Holes began to break to reveal the patchwork of geometric farmland below. A dirty gust of gray air moved in to soil the view of the yellow morning sun until we were enveloped with a layer of Nimbostratus and the moment was done.

I wonder who else had noticed?

No comments: